Hello! I'm pleased to hear from you again. I hadn't considered that there would history courses of places other than here. One would think you could be spoiled for choice.
[But since he asked...]
I was born on the planet Kalevala, but have lived most of my life on planet Mandalore. Both are part of a region known as Mandalorian space, of which Mandalore, as the name implies, is the heart and capital.
As far as I know, my galaxy doesn't have a specific name - perhaps astronomers have one of which I am not aware? Much of the known galaxy is under an overarching federal union known as the Galactic Republic, and has been for a millennium. However, in the time I came from that union has splintered, with many sovereign areas fully seceding. Some of them have banded together to form the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and I'm sorry to report war has broken out between the Republic and CIS.
It helps a lot. I'm certain there can't be many galaxies with both planets in them, alongside the other information. While it's unlikely my world and yours share the same vicinity or we'd also have spaceflight by now, it could be we're intergalactic neighbors.
The history of this place is less interesting. When all is created and altered at the will of Thirteen, my chances of unbiased or outright unaltered sources seems a bit slim.
breaking in this inbox; text
Date: 2024-04-16 08:01 pm (UTC)Since I need to take at least one history course at Kuma Lisa, I was wondering what you call your planet? Or galaxy?
(no subject)
Date: 2024-04-16 08:26 pm (UTC)[But since he asked...]
I was born on the planet Kalevala, but have lived most of my life on planet Mandalore. Both are part of a region known as Mandalorian space, of which Mandalore, as the name implies, is the heart and capital.
As far as I know, my galaxy doesn't have a specific name - perhaps astronomers have one of which I am not aware? Much of the known galaxy is under an overarching federal union known as the Galactic Republic, and has been for a millennium. However, in the time I came from that union has splintered, with many sovereign areas fully seceding. Some of them have banded together to form the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and I'm sorry to report war has broken out between the Republic and CIS.
Does that help?
(no subject)
Date: 2024-04-16 08:49 pm (UTC)The history of this place is less interesting. When all is created and altered at the will of Thirteen, my chances of unbiased or outright unaltered sources seems a bit slim.
(no subject)
Date: 2024-04-17 09:53 pm (UTC)But may I ask why you wish to learn about where I'm from? Was it truly so interesting?
(no subject)
Date: 2024-04-18 05:19 pm (UTC)But for you, it's as common as getting on the train. New worlds is an every day thing, aliens aren't unusual or fascinating anymore maybe.
For me, it's all new. I want to bring that knowledge home with me one day, so we too might eventually travel space.
"Everywhere" is too big of a subject to consider studying!
(no subject)
Date: 2024-04-30 12:41 am (UTC)I understand a little better now.
What else do you plan on studying?